Our Corporate Headquarters is Designed to be Environmentally Sensitive, Relfecting Our Commitment to Sustainable Energy Solutions
Inova Diagnostics state-of-the-art 100,000 square foot R&D, manufacturing and administrative facility is located on over 8 "park like" acres between a eucalyptus preserve and historic Scripps Ranch. This custom facility, completed in 2004, was designed with the goal of minimizing environmental impact and maximizing energy efficiency.
Inova Diagnostics ISO certified and FDA registered facility features a multitude of architectural, engineering and technological innovations:
- The building is partially buried in a hillside to reduce heat load and take advantage of natural insulation.
- All of our landscaping utilizes reclaimed waste water.
- We have installed a "cool roof", made of a thick white foam material, intended to insulate, reflect and mitigate the effects of San Diego's desert climate.
- The computerized "smart building" system uses motion and heat sensors to control lighting and ventilation.
- Inova Diagnostics 6,200 cubic feet of cold room space takes advantage of energy efficient panels and environmentally friendly refrigerant.
- The electrical system uses 277 VAC for lighting and special high efficiency components to provide maximum energy conservation.
- Most solvents used in Inova Diagnostics manufacturing are recycled on-site to eliminate hazardous waste.
The result is that the energy requirement of Inova Diagnostics new building is less than 50% of a typical manufacturing facility. Our philosophy is that high volume, quality manufacturing and, at the same time, being a good corporate citizen are compatible goals that we can meet.
New Environmentally Friendly Packaging
At Inova Diagnostics, we are committed to the conservation of our natural resources and actively search for environmentally friendly alternatives. After careful evaluation and testing, we have implemented two significant changes in our method of packing our products for shipment that support this commitment.
First, the starch-based loose fill foam has been replaced with recycled paper filler.
Both domestic and international shipping studies were performed that proved these shipping materials provide comparable results to our previous shipping materials while improving our commitment to sustainable, environmentally-sensitive business practices.
If you have any questions, please contact us.